N22 Troubleshooting Tips
The following troubleshooting tips can help diagnose and correct most common issues with the N22. We have attempted to make this list as comprehensive as possible, so some of these may not apply to your issue, but please go through each tip. If the problem persists, please contact us and include your full name, purchase information (when and where), as well as your shipping address. It is also important to include the results of each step rather than just whether or not the troubleshooting resolved the issue.
If the power indicator on the N22 external power supply unit is not illuminated, then try these tips:
- Make sure the AC power cord is connected to the power supply unit and to a working AC power outlet.
- Check that the cable at the other end of the power supply is correctly plugged into the rear of the N22.
If the power supply light is on but you are experiencing an audio-related issue, try these tips:
- Verify that the volume/power control on the front panel is not turned all the way down or powered off (we recommend setting the volume to at least the 10 o’clock position).
- Check that the volume level of your audio source component or device is not set to minimum volume or powered off.
- Check speaker wire connections from the amp to the speakers by removing the speaker wire from each speaker and then reconnecting. Also check the speaker wire polarity by verifying that the wires are going to same terminals on both speakers.
- Check that the cables from your audio sources to the amplifier are properly connected. Confirm this by unplugging the audio cables and then reconnecting.
- Try decreasing the volume of the input audio source and increase the volume of the N22 amp.
- Try using different audio input sources and/or devices to see if the problem follows.
- Listen with headphones if possible to see if the issue is present there as well.
- Try swapping your left and right speaker to see if the issue remains in the same channel or if it follows the speaker.
- If you are using a computer connected to N22, make sure the volume is up on your media player, internet radio, master control, device volume, etc. and that the balance control is centered.
- If you are using a wireless adapter, preamp, or an external DAC with your N22, remove these (temporarily) and connect the audio source directly to the speakers.
- If your input source has its own EQ, please make sure the low end is at a moderate level, as having too much bass in your signal can obviously cause some unwanted distortion.
- Move your N22 and speakers to a different location to see if something is causing interference in the current setup. Something as simple as a wireless internet router, cordless or mobile phone, or halogen lamp nearby can cause interference.