How do I turn on Airplay for use with the B-Fi?
You'll need to make sure you have gone through the initial set up process for the B-Fi before moving onto the below steps.
For iPhone users:
1. On the iPhone, swipe to open Control Center. (the swipe direction is dependent upon the iPhone model you are using)
2. In the music control area, tap the AirPlay button.
3. A list of AirPlay capable devices seen by your iPhone will be shown. Tap the B-Fi to connect to it.
4. Once connected, you can use your iPhone to send audio to your B-Fi without the need to open the Audioengine Control App.
For Mac users:
- Make sure that your Mac and B-Fi are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Sound.
- Under Output, you should see a list of any devices you are able to AirPlay to, and the B-Fi should be an option. If you named the B-Fi during setup, it may appear under that name.
- Hold down the Option key on your keyboard, then click on the speaker icon in your menu bar. You will then see a list of audio output devices that are on your local network - select the B-Fi.
- Once you change the audio output to an AirPlay device, all audio coming from your Mac will go through the B-Fi, and not the internal speakers on your Mac.
- To change the audio output back to your Mac's internal speakers, you can either Option-click on the speaker icon again and select internal speakers, or go back into System Preferences and change it there.